Sunday, November 19, 2006

A long, but untrue story

........so I was thinking. It's been a really long time since my last post. I don't know, maybe the blog and I just drifted apart, like a pair of ducks where one, probably the mail duck, is too close to a waterfall and the other one is safely nesting in a bush nearby. Yeah, that's exactly how the blog and I drifted apart, come to think of it. But here I am again. I'm back, Blog, hjúkkit!

So what's been going on since I fell down a waterfall and nearly drowned, but was miraculously saved by a pack of nice beavers who were building a dam out of branches and also man-made waste, such as plastic bags and dildos, false teeths, and those scary dolls that close their eyes when you tilt them violently.

Well, Ive gone through a dramatic cosmic makeover for one thing. Apparently, it all happened when the beavers saved me. All deprived of oxygen and bruised from the sharp rocks, I was taken in to recuperate in the company of nature's own engineers. When I was coming in and out of consciousness because of a strong fever from the infected bruises, I distinctly recall a certain chanting going on. It was a soothing, encouraging, and almost angelical chant from several voices that all had nasty lisps:

Be nithe to nathure, Thrank!
Uthe the proper methodth of dithpothal, suth ath the thorting of garbathe
Thiow nathure the rethpect it detherveth - it ith the reathon you are here...ere.......er.......e (echoing out in a dramatic, epiphany-kind-of-way)

So to shorten a long story, thanks to a group of lovable rodents, I see it as my task to advocate that we, as humans, the masters of the univers, show nature its due respect.

Hej Hej!

Frank

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is youre book coming out Frank?

Love the word "hjúkkit" hahaha. Looking forward to seeing you guys in desember.

Anonymous said...

You my fried are a disturbed individual (or should I say a disturbed duck??)

Tak for koncerter!

G

Frankrún said...

I haven't decided on a release date just yet - mainly because I haven't actually written a book. But I wouldn't be surprised if it came out next week.

And paradoxically, I have been dubbed "a disturbed individual" by the guy who is the reason why anyone coined the term in the first place.

Selv tak for koncerter Gunnar - det var rigtig hyggeligt! :-)

Frank