Thursday, June 08, 2006

SPOT

Workwise, last week was crazy. Never have I been quite as busy. Finishing up organising the SPOT Festival felt like someone blindfolded me, spun me around, only to set me free in a really difficult maze. (I'm a dramaking, I know)

Yet at last......redemption:

Musicwise, last weekend was amazing. The festival went extremely well. 104 bands played showcases on 9 different stages in Århus. Hundreds of international and Danish industry people were being pampered with one cool concert after the other. And I spent the daytime handling 9 seminars with all kinds of topics related to music.

Here are a couple of bands Kristrun and I saw:

Jomi Massage - Danish indie rock [truly rocking woman power, a surprisingly cool drummer, and very inventive guitar riffs by a crazy guitarist]

Mugison - maybe this guy doesn't need further intro. His concert was mindblowing - he had a band with him this time. So it was much more rocking than usual. And you can't beat his charm!

Under Byen - Eight-piece Danish band - the lead singers poems are enhanced and complemented by theatrical compositions, rock elements, synthy soundscapes and very beautiful visuals in the background.
(The sad bit about the concert was that the concert hall was so packed that Kristrun and I couldnt go take a piss during the concert because then we wouldn't have a chance to get back in. It totally fucked up my concentration - next time I'm
bringing a bucket!)

It was very nice to see that the project I have been working on for six months was a complete success. Everyone I talked to, Danish as well as international press, music promoters and whoever were impressed by the festival.

So stop by next year - I recommend it!

Frank

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grattis Frank ;) so are ya all coming to the next music festival in a town called Roskilde????

Hrönn

Frankrún said...

Thank you........Sadly, we wont be at Roskilde. Kristrun has to work, and we can't afford it. But the bandlist is packed with mustsees this year, so it sucks that we can't go :-(

Anonymous said...

Has rock'n'roll disappeared from Frankrún? True Rock'n'Roll'ers piss their pants in order to enjoy their show! True Rock'n'Roll'ers have always reserved time for Roskilde Festival (most of them have nothing better to do...) and they certainly don't let money issues stand in their way!

Enough mindless rap - Super at læse lidt fra dig Frank og jeg er glad for at Spot gik godt!

Kys,
G

ps. keep on rocking in the free world!!!